Seville has a beautiful rich, dark-green color and a shorter, narrower leaf blade that give it a distinctive plush appearance. This semi-dwarf variety has excellent horizontal compact growth, which requires less mowing than other sod types. Seville also has superior cold tolerance, which means less hassle in the winter months and better color retention, with quicker recovery. Along with surviving the cold with less worry of damage, Seville is very tolerant to shade, but still manages to thrive in areas with a lot of sunshine. Seville will bring your lawn years of color!
Recommended Mow Height 2-3 in.
1 in. per week
Fertilize Mid Spring and Early Fall
Are You a Professional?
- Minimum 4-hour-6-hours of sunlight per day for best results
- Seville is a broad bladed, medium green colored grass
- St. Augustine Seville is shade, drought and salt tolerant
- Excellent color retention
- Fast horizontal growth
- Hardwearing in demanding climates
- Grown and shipped from a family owned and operated farm
- Seville is performs great in the sunlight and better tolerates shade compared to other St. Augustine grasses.
- Obtain a great plush lawn mowing at 2.5 inches.
- First mow should be approximately 14 days after installation. Be careful not to mow more than 1/3 of the blade length.
- Apply enough water on the installation day to penetrate the sod and two inches of soil underneath. For the next 10-14 days, reduce your watering to just keep the soil moist throughout the day. Usually watering four to six times during the day, for approximately five to six minutes each time, is required until the roots have been established.
- After the first mow, reduce the frequency of times but increase the duration of watering at a gradual pace. The goal is to only water once a day and have the grass fully equipped with deep roots.
- Fungicide: Apply if needed. You may benefit from it if the grass is in the shade or has had trouble with disease in the past. First application should be 24 – 48 hours after first watering.
- Insecticide: Apply if needed, follow label directions. Treat with broad spectrum insecticide if needed.
- Preemergent Herbicide: Stop weeds from popping up by applying a preemergent herbicide. Follow label directions and wear proper protection equipment. Create a consistent blanket application.
- Fertilize: Give your grass a boost with fertilizer, approximately four to six weeks after installation to ensure continued establishment of the roots. Follow label directions.
Stay tuned for tips from our turf experts.