Icon® is a medium to fine textured warm season grass. Zoysia portrays a cool season grass look but has improved heat and drought tolerance. This grass also stands up to foot traffic with a dense layer of fine soft blades, making it perfect for home entertainment.
Recommended Mow Height 1-2 in.
1 in. per Week
Fertilize Late Spring and Early Fall
Are You a Professional?
- Requires a minimum of 6-hour-8-hours of sunlight per day
- Icon® is a fine blade, dense turf which absorbs impact, tolerates wear and resists weeds
- Especially created for family outings and backyard picnics, this grass welcomes a variety of activities without showing extensive wear and tear
- Bright blue-green grass
- Good color retention through seasons
- Hardiness allows for both drought-tough and salt-tolerant, Icon® Zoysia helps conserve water even in sunny coastal yards
- Grown and shipped from a family owned and operated farm
- Icon® is does best in the sun and requires 4-6 hours of sunlight.
- Icon® responds well to tight mowing
- First mow should be approximately 14 days after installation.
- Apply enough water on the installation day to penetrate the sod and two inches of soil underneath. For the next 10-14 days, reduce your watering to just keep the soil moist throughout the day. Usually watering four to six times during the day, for approximately five to six minutes each time, is required until the roots have been established.
- After the first mow, reduce the frequency of times but increase the duration of watering at a gradual pace. The goal is to only water once a day and have the grass fully equipped with deep roots.
- Fungicide: Apply if needed. You may benefit from it if the grass is in the shade or has had trouble with disease in the past. First application should be 24 – 48 hours after first watering.
- Insecticide: Apply if needed, follow label directions. Treat with broad spectrum insecticide if needed.
- Preemergent Herbicide: Stop weeds from popping up by applying a preemergent herbicide. Follow label directions and wear proper protection equipment. Create a consistent blanket application.
- Fertilize: Give your grass a boost with fertilizer, approximately four to six weeks after installation to ensure continued establishment of the roots. Follow label directions.
Stay tuned for tips from our turf experts.